[CT Birds] Gale sea watching 11/1

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 1 12:59:40 EDT 2013

11/1- At Stratford Point in 2 hours I had 30 scoters of all three species ( majority Surf), 1 Long-tailed Duck, both Loons, 1 Merlin and 5 Laughing Gulls.
Long Beach, Stratford now is loaded with the usual gulls and large numbers of Sanderlings and Dunlin.

At Point Judith this morning, in one hour Tom Auer had 1 each Cory's and Great Shearwaters and 1175 Black Scoters.
Ohhhh, to be on the Ocean!

Frank Mantlik
Stratford

Sent from my iPhone