[CT Birds] BARNACLE GOOSE in Bethlehem

Jamie Meyers ctredbird2 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 1 18:53:49 EDT 2013

That pond is called Big Meadow Pond. Those looking at a map will note that this pond is actually in Watertown, not Bethlehem, a very short distance east of the town line and no more than a mile and a half or so from the original location, as the goose getting spooked by noise bandit flies. Given that there are two larger reservoirs, both of which have mediocre visibility, west of there, it's fortunate for Frank and John that the geese went east.

Nice find for Litchfield County.

Jamie Meyers
Canton, CT