[CT Birds] Goshawks

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Wed Oct 30 22:16:08 EDT 2013

I can't tell you a reliable place to see one, but I can affirm  that they
breed in Ct. At least one pair has nested in the Yale Forest in  Ashford for
years, and although I did NOT see one this past spring I have had  mulitple
sightings the previous three years there. Having said that, it was 2 or  3
times in May and June, and I am in the area several times a week during that
season, so it's was never close to a sure thing. In fact, I believe there
are  multiple locations in the state where they are known to  nest.
Don Morgan