[CT Birds] Stratford Seawatch 11/1 - HARLEQUIN DUCK, etc.
mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 1 20:26:16 EDT 2013
>From Frank Mantlik
11/1 Stratford, today's highlights along the shore during the gale-force SSW wind and occasional light rain:
- Stratford Point (Prospect Drive) - female HARLEQUIN DUCK flew west about 2:20 with 2 White-winged Scoters & 3 female Black Scoters. Also today 300 Brant, 18 Surf Scoters, 5 White-winged Scoters, 10 Black Scoters, 8 scoter sp., 1 Long-tailed Duck (my first of fall), 4 Red-throated Loons, 5 Common Loons, 1 Northern Gannet, 42 Laughing Gulls (including a flock of 37 - mix of adults and immatures), 1 Merlin, 70 Mourning Doves, 4 American Pipits.
- Long Beach (Oak Bluff Ave.) - 1 Great Egret, 320 Sanderlings, 75 Dunlin, 1 Laughing Gull, and high tides and surf.
- Pond behind 611 Access Rd.(private) - 1 YELLOW-CROWNED NIGHT-HERON, 6 Black-crowned Night-Herons.
- Sikorsky Airport - 900 Brown-headed Cowbirds feeding on grass lawn at entrance.
- Birdseye Rd. boat ramp - 1 American Coot, 4 adult Laughing Gulls.
All reported to eBird.
More information about the CTBirds