[CT Birds] unidentified migrators

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 08:13:36 EST 2013

11/3  Orange,
I took an early neighborhood walk this morning in Orange.  As I walked at
intersection of Martin Lane & Christian Circle (7:30AM) I heard lots of
honking and looked up to see 2 flocks of Canada Geese in lines.  But then
what caught my eye were hundreds/thousands of tiny dark flecks high up in
the sky.
These birds were on the same path (flying east to west) as the Canadas,
following behind and this flock (hard for me to estimate but it had to be
hundreds, probably thousands) continued for about 2 minutes as I continued
to watch in awe.  Even though I couldn't identify them, it was the
most (assumed) migrators, I personally have seen, other than in photos or
videos.  It was amazingly awesome  (not enough adjectives).
Bev Propen, Orange