[CT Birds] Amazing Mockingbird in Enfield

Sarah Faulkner sffaulkner at comcast.net
Sun Nov 3 12:24:13 EST 2013

I heard the craziest thing the other morning -- arriving very early at work before my first school visit (Enfield), and hear that ZZZZTTTTTT sound of a torn power line snaking along the road (I've heard this before -- very distinctive) -- and looked into the wooded lot/field next door to the Board of Ed.  There are power lines that run thru the trees and we'd had lots of wind -- I was thinking, wires down?  possible fire?  And then saw the mockingbird -- it flew toward me, landed, and made the sound again.  Amazing!!!!

Sarah Faulkner
Collinsville, CT

If you want to build a ship, don't herd people together to collect wood and don't assign them
tasks and work but rather, teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea."
                           -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery