[CT Birds] Mondo Ponds

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 14:03:37 EST 2013

11/3  Milford, Mondo Ponds   12:15PM-1:00PM
On main pond, 15 American Wigeons, 3 Pied billed grebes, 1 Great blue
heron, Mallards, Canada Geese, Ring billed gulls, and 1 Sandpiper or Plover
sitting on a rock in pond(like the size of a Black bellied plover) but
between it having its back to me, and the other views had too much glare, I
couldn't identify it. It was plump, straight dark bill, grayish/brown on
top with light buffy belly.  On the pond to the west were 26 American
Wigeons and I could not see a Eurasian Wigeon among them.  On the
pathways/trails was a Hermit Thrush (late?) which got flushed by a family
on bicycles, White throated sparrows, Song sparrows blue jays, chickadees,
Red bellied woodpecker, Crows.
Bev Propen, Orange