[CT Birds] Winterizing birth/fountain question

Kathy Van Der Aue kathyvda at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 09:32:44 EST 2013

I wouldn't put salt in it or any other additive.  I got a water bath heater
at Agway some years ago and also saw them at Home Depot, plus they are
available by catalog and I'm sure at the Audubon Shop in Madison or Fat
Robin in Hamden.  It shuts off when the temp rises or it senses the water
is too low.  You can't have a dripper going in very cold weather but
re-filling the bird bath isn't so hard and the birds really appreciate the
water in the winter.

Kathy Van Der Aue
Southport, Connecticut