[CT Birds] East Hartford - late shorebirds

Jamie Meyers ctredbird2 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 7 12:51:11 EST 2013

>From Jamie Meyers:
11/7 -- East Hartford, Hockanum River Linear Trail -- 2 WHITE-RUMPED SANDPIPERS continue along with at least 2 DUNLINS (uncommon inland).

There were a total of about 15 - 20 shorebirds present. Most were flying low and nervously back and forth, which made ID'ing stuff difficult at best. Fortunately a few settled down and I was able to ID the White-rumps and Dunlins along with a Pec. There was also a Greater Yellowlegs hanging out unconcerned with things. In flight, I noted two grayer looking birds with white rumps so the rest were likely Pecs or maybe some more Dunlins. Lots of low water everywhere around here. Too bad it's not August, for a variety of reasons.

Jamie Meyers
Canton, CT