[CT Birds] Winter birds in New Hampshire

Ricki Soucy rickisoucy at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 9 10:15:01 EST 2013

Up in New Hampshire on Ossipee Lake for my annual Lutheran Woman's Weekend.  This years loons are still riding the lake; guess the adults have left for warmer climes already.  Normal boreal birds: Red Breasted Nuthatches, Yellow Bellied Sapsucker, Ravens and even a few Siskins and Goldfinches.  Saw my first New Hampshire Pileated Woodpecker yesterday; considering I'm up here fairly often, I would have expected to see one years before this.  Hiking this afternoon near Mt Chocora, on the way to North Conway.  Hopefully I'll see something worthwhile mentioning.

Ricki Soucy
West Ossippee, NH