[CT Birds] window decals

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 13:17:01 EST 2013

11/9
Sadly, today I had a goldfinch hit my kitchen window and die.  I was
wondering why, since I had the window decals on the window and they have
been working well.  Then I realized that instructions say to replace every
6-9 months.  I always keep packages of them available, so I replaced all
the old decals on my window.  I have  been watching the backyard birds
since this morning....
2-3 juncos were chasing each other and made a quick turn away from the
window;  then another Goldfinch was flying towards my window, and fluttered
right in front of the new decal, landed on the window ledge, looked around
and flew off, unharmed.
I do think they work well.
I am marking the dates on when I applied these, and will replace them in 6
months.
Bev Propen, Orange