[CT Birds] Stamford Land Trust - (Semi-Off Topic)

Jim Voros voros at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 5 09:25:33 EST 2013

I thought I would share this information on Election Day. I realize it's a little off topic but there is a direct connection to our birding hobby and Stamford's plans for land use and open space.  I hope this announcement isn't an imposition to the normal topics of the list.

The Stamford Land Trust is holding it's annual meeting with Stamfords new Mayor to discuss his/her Green initiatives(we'll find out today who that will be).  The public is welcome to join (no cost).This meeting is a great opportunity to hear about the new Mayor's vision and initiatives.
As Stamford residents know, there are a lot of open space/land use issues in Stamford that directly impact our birding territories. The Stamford Land Trust are one of our open space conservation stewards.
Tuesday November 19th @ 6:30PM
Stamford Museum and Nature Center
39 Scofieldtown Road, Stamford, CT 06903
refreshments, wine, snacks will be servced.