[CT Birds] Wolcott bears and Batterson Pond

Jack Swatt jswattbirds at snet.net
Fri Nov 8 11:36:51 EST 2013

It's about time for the bears to go to sleep.  I've had my feeders out since August without any problems, until the past week and a half when I've been hit 4 times.  Not sure if it's the same one or several.  To add to the insult, the raider from last night left me a big present in the garden.  Feederwatch starts this weekend, but I think I'm going to have to keep my feeders empty for a week to deter my visitors. Hopefully the cold spell for next week will send them off to hibernation.
Also, this morning at Batterson Pond, Farmington, 3 PIED-BILLED GREBE, 2 RING-NECKED DUCK and 8 AMER.COOT along with the usuals.
Jack Swatt