[CT Birds] Stratford Birding

Donna Caporaso donnacap at aol.com
Sat Nov 9 20:33:40 EST 2013

Roosevelt Forest - the most birds I have ever seen in that Forest ever!
100+ Robins feeding in the berry trees around the pond

1000+ I'm guessing Grackles flying overhead.
3 Yellow Bellied Sapsuckers
A good number of:  Juncos, Chickadees, American Gold Finch,
4 Blue Jays
3 Northern Cardinals
6 Crows
2 Kinglets
1 Red Tail Hawk
1 Unidentified Hawk
4 Downey Woodpeckers

Raven Pond:
Usual lot of ducks and a few muscoy ducks.
In the trees around the pond:  Titmice, Chickadees, 1 Carolina Wren, 2 Blue Jays, 1 Red Breasted Nuthatch, 2 Northern Cardinals

Peck's Mill Pond
1 Red Tail Hawk
6 Blue Jays
Mallards and Black Ducks
3 Downy Woodpeckers

Stratford Boat Ramp
4 Coots
6 Green Winged Teals

Long Beach Blvd:
Driving down to the marshes there was a large flock of Starlings with about 20 Brown Headed Cowbirds.  They seem to hang around that area. Sometimes at Duchess or long Lordship Blvd by Fedex.

Main Warehouse Pond  is extremely low still.
3 Great Egrets
1 Juvenile Night Heron
1 Great Blue Heron
! Kestrel on Fedex lot fence

Small Pond:
1 Kingfisher
1 Great Blue Heron

Marshes along Airport
2 Great Blue Herons
Several Egrets
1 Red Tail in a tree
1 Harrier flying above marshes

Long Beach
100's of Sanderlings, Dunlins, and?
Good number of Gulls (Ring, Herring, GBBG)

Donna Caporaso
Stratford, CT