[CT Birds] Quaker Ridge Hawk Watch Season Summary Talk. Thursday Nov. 21, 6 PM at Audubon Greenwich

Ryan Maclean ryanmac335 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 20:44:37 EST 2013

Hi everyone,
I wanted to give you all a heads up that we'll be having our annual
hawkwatch end-of-season summary next Thursday, November 21st at 6 PM in
Audubon Greenwich's Kiernan Hall. Food and drink will be served at 6
followed by a slideshow presentation and talk by myself on the season's
hawk totals and highlights at 7. It's been an extremely rewarding season so
we would love to see all of our weekend volunteers and regular visitors on
Thursday night so we could thank you in person. Since this is open to the
public we also encourage you to invite others to learn about just how great
of a migration highway Quaker Ridge is.

For those of you unfamiliar with the Audubon Center, the address is:
613 Riversville Road, Greenwich CT.
Kiernan Hall is located on the far right side of the Audubon Center
building, make a right when you enter the center and proceed to the end.

For those of you that are on our facebook page, you can rsvp to the event
here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1414883168744520/

Also, IF YOU'RE A TEAM CAPTAIN FOR THIS YEAR'S GREENWICH-STAMFORD CHRISTMAS
BIRD COUNT you can pick up your territory packets from Gary Palmer after
the talk.

Despite the season winding down, we still have a week of hawkwatching left.
Tomorrow in particular looks like it could potentially be a good day with
WNW winds at 10-20 mph predicted. Considering the passage of this cold
front and snow showers, we could very possibly get a Golden Eagle or
Goshawk, as well as increasing numbers of Red-Tailed Hawks and lingering
Red-Shouldered Hawks. If you wanna get out hawkwatching tomorrow, make sure
you dress warmly. But endurance on these blisteringly cold days is often
rewarded. See you out there!

-Ryan MacLean