[CT Birds] Jayne Neville - black chinned hummingbird

Mark Szantyr birddog55 at charter.net
Wed Nov 13 03:28:18 EST 2013

I hope that no ine is considering capturing this bird to take it out of the wild. There is no reason to do so at this time.

I think it is too early to bring it in. It should be left in the wild until its health is a real factor, should that ever be the case.  It should not be taken in out of fear of what may happen much later in the year. They come from cold climates and can tolerate this weather. If the home owner agrees to maintain a feeder, more the better.  If not we should not interfere unless the bird is in real jeopardy.

Mark

Mark