[CT Birds] Feeder Grackles - Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 13 11:24:33 EST 2013

Finally got my solo black-oiled bird feeder up here in Washington, CT last week. The first feather 'customer' was a tufted titmouse . This morning (Wednesday,13 Nov 2013) had about 25 common grackles below the feeder here. Do not get many blackbirds at my feeder. Usually do not get some many blackbirds at the beginning of feeder time (Nov) and at the end of feeder time (late Spring). I thought it was interesting that I had grackles here not too soon after after Greg H's had amazing grackles numbers at the LHP Hawk Watch earlier this week in New Haven. We had cedar waxwings bathing in a small puddle by the side of the side house here yesterday morning (12 Nov 2013)in the snow.
David W Babington
Washington, CT