[CT Birds] 11/13 Gannet, Palm Warbler
mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 14 07:56:36 EST 2013
11/13 Some local Stratford birding resulted in these few highlights:
- Stratford Point (with Tom Murray) - 1 adult NORTHERN GANNET, 8-point buck and doe in meadow.
- Long Beach - (yellow) PALM WARBLER, flocks of migrating American Goldfinches.
- Sniffens Lane - Pair of PEREGRINE FALCONS hunting shorebirds, 28 Snow Buntings flushed from tip of Milford Point by hunting Northern Harrier.
- McKinney Refuge "Warehouse Pond" - 2 female NORTHERN PINTAILS continue.
- Wooster Park Pond - male NORTHERN SHOVELER continues, 8 GREEN-WINGED TEAL.
- Home yard/feeders - YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER (two here on 11/12).
- various sites - numerous Turkey Vultures, Red-tailed and Red-shouldered Hawks migrating SW.
More information about the CTBirds