[CT Birds] Westport Highlights-Eurasian Wigeon plus

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 15 12:09:15 EST 2013

Despite the unfavorable report about finches not expected to show up in our area,I had Purple Finch in two locations this morning.
11/15/13-Westport-CT Tree Farm- female Purple Finch,otherwise very quiet

Sherwood Island SP- (42 species in 90 minutes and I covered only a small portion of the park)- Eurasian Wigeon on the Mill Pond seen from the west side viewing platform,Horned Grebe on LI Sound,9 Killdeer,2 Greater Yellowlegs,3 Yellow-bellied Sapsucker,Merlin,3 male Eastern Towhee ( all heard calling and seen),2 Purple Finch,a brightly colored male and female.
We now have feeders set up in the park in the same locations as previous years, one near the nature center and one in the pine grove. Be sure to check them out if you visit the park.

Tina Green
Sent from my iPhone