[CT Birds] Greenwich Tod's Point 11/15

shootsnaps at aol.com shootsnaps at aol.com
Fri Nov 15 16:42:30 EST 2013

Tod's Point mid morning to noon Very sunny, calm warm weather.

Being a photographer that is just getting going in birding in the last few years, I have a long way to go.

It seems that nothing but house sparrows & robins inhabit the land!

At least I learned  to distinguish a few warblers this fall. I'll keep trying.
In Eagle Pond, there were three separate groups of Buffleheads diving for food each had 4 or 5 pairs M&F. Also, one group of 10 black ducks.

In the marsh pond on the ocean side were another 12 black ducks.

Just as I was leaving, I spotted a Common Loon diving in the ocean offshore Just East of Eagle Pond. This time I was able to confirm with pix.

At home in Havemyer Park, a dozen house sparrows on the feeders, 3 morning doves and one nuthatch.

AL Scuterud
Old Greenwich