Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 15 19:04:31 EST 2013

Hi all,
Well, I spoke with the homeowner today, and she is sure that the BLACK-CHINNED HUMMINGBIRD has departed. She last saw it on Wed., 11/13, at 7:30am.  She estimated that about 150 people came to view her rare visitor between 11/2 and 11/12.  Thank you so much!

We request those who saw the bird to submit a written report and/or photos to the Avian Records Committee of CT, since this was a first CT record. Information on how to do so is on the COA website:  http://www.ctbirding.org/arcc.htm

For those wishing to report their sighting to eBird, a special "hotspot" has now been set up.  It is "Black-chinned Hummingbird Stakeout - Oct/Nov 2013" in Fairfield, CT.

Good birding,
Frank Mantlik