[CT Birds] Sherwood Island Highlights

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 16 10:29:51 EST 2013

11/16/13- Westport-Sherwood Island SP- 47 species including 12 Horned Grebe feeding just off the beach and the most I've seen so far this season,4 Killdeer,4 Greater Yellowlegs,5 Dunlin including one that is still in alternate plumage, Brown Thrasher, 5 Eastern Towhees. I saw the thrasher and 4 of the towhees in the same tree at the same time feeding on berries and they were all together within a two foot diameter area.
Amazing- I'll probably never see that again. Awesome morning!

Tina Green
Sent from my iPhone