[CT Birds] COA Sea Duck Workshop

Christopher Loscalzo closcalz at optonline.net
Thu Nov 21 08:47:31 EST 2013

Fellow birders:

The COA Sea Duck Workshop will be held this Saturday, November 23rd, at the
Stratford Point Audubon Center, beginning at 8 am.  There will be an
instructive session indoors followed by an outdoor sea watch on the coast,
led by Tina Green, Frank Mantlik, and Chris Loscalzo.  The workshop is free
and open to the public and will be run rain or shine.  We hope to see you
there!  Full announcement below:

COA Sea Duck Workshop

Saturday, November 23rd, 2013 at 8:00 am

Stratford Point, Stratford

Learn how to identify the common and uncommon sea ducks that visit the CT
coast in fall and winter.  Learn how to differentiate between Common and
Red-throated Loon, Horned and Red-necked Grebe, Common and Barrow's
Goldeneye, Common and King Eider, and the three scoter species.  Meet at the
Stratford Point Audubon Center at 1207 Prospect Drive. We'll have a
discussion period and then look out into the sound to see what we can find.
The workshop is free and open to the public.  Leaders: Tina Green, Frank
Mantlik, and Chris Loscalzo.  Contact person: Chris Loscalzo at
<mailto:closcalz at optonline.net> closcalz at optonline.net or 203-389-6508.

Thanks to the staff at Stratford Point for opening the gate for us and for
making the facility available to us.

Chris Loscalzo,

Woodbridge