[CT Birds] Possible Snowy Owl

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 21 16:21:27 EST 2013

Paul I have seen Snowy Owls perched in trees locally in CT over the years, though its uncommon.
The other thing that people misidentifying as Smowies is Red-tailed Hawk. Particularly when snow is on the ground, and the reflected sunlight makes their belly look gleaming white.
Please check out her report if possible. (There was also a Snowy in Biddeford, Maine about a week ago).

Frank Mantlik
Stratford

Sent from my iPhone