[CT Birds] Pectoral record

Greg Hanisek ghanisek at rep-am.com
Sat Nov 23 15:01:22 EST 2013

Pectoral Sandpipers are uncommon but regular in early Nov, but when I saw the one that's been hanging in at Greenbacker Pond in Durham this a.m. it occurred to me to check late dates. The latest date in Zeranski & Baptist is 22 Nov., and the latest I could find since the book was published was 21 Nov, so it looks like the bird at Greenbacker today (23 Nov) marks a record late date. Checking my own records I also saw that 23 Nov was the latest date I'd had one in N.J.

Also I didn't find the Cackling Goose that's been reported at the pond but did have one Greater White-fronted Goose.

Greg Hanisek
Waterbury