[CT Birds] Westport Ross's Goose

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Sat Nov 23 18:47:31 EST 2013

Hi All,

Interesting to read the reflections on the Westport Ross's Goose. Though implied by the ARCC report that Sara linked, it would be remiss of me not to note that Penny Solum co-found the Ross's Goose with me in Westport. We were scouting Burying Hill Beach for the Christmas Bird Count at the time. As I recall it wasn't seen again that day but was rediscovered the next day which was the day of the Westport CBC.

The flyover at Quaker Hawkwatch just wasn't worth submitting to a records committee IMHO - no way of ruling out a hybird bird with flight views, though statistically I'd guess that possibility is probably more unlikely than a Ross's.

All the best,

Luke Tiller, Altadena CA