[CT Birds] Somers/Enfield sightings

Jim Pfeifer Jim.Pfeifer at erm.com
Fri Nov 22 16:58:28 EST 2013

26 Golden Eye (all common as far as I could tell) and 2 Bufflehead in a loose raft on the CT River this afternoon diving energetically, as seen from the Cemetery just north of Bigelow Commons.  One observation is that the Buffles seemed to stay underwater 2-3 times as long as the Golden Eyes.  Also had a single Blue Bird in a cedar tree in the Cemetery.  And thanks to the gentleman on Ninth District Road in Somers for letting me see the SH Cranes through the scope (I of course forgot your name) - much appreciated.