[CT Birds] different predator calls

Kfinnan at aol.com Kfinnan at aol.com
Sat Nov 23 11:40:52 EST 2013

The variety of calls from Crows is very interesting. It's easy to
distinguish their calls for mammals on the ground vs. raptors in the  air, how high
the bird is flying (low enough to scramble and chase, too  high to go after
it) and even which species is the threat. I remember Greg  Hanisek
mentioning the "sense of urgency" when they're after a Great Horned Owl.  Most often,
it's the Crows who alert me to look up and see a Hawk in  flight.
Kevin Finnan
In a message dated 11/22/2013 7:27:21 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,