[CT Birds] Calliope Hummer hoax?

Jamie Meyers ctredbird2 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 25 22:34:47 EST 2013

I'm not hip to Craigslist other than thinking there are a lot of whack jobs and con artists on it, like everywhere else in life, but why would that post necessarily be a hoax and not simply a request for help from someone who doesn't know the difference between a bat and a hummingbird? A LOT of people, especially big city folks, might not know that. Perhaps I'm just being naive here but it feels like it could be legit to me, especially if the photo was taken inside under light.

I hope somebody directs this person to a rehabber, for the sake of the bird anyway. Calliope Hummingbird in Manhattan is not unprecented. A pair of them occurred in upper Manhattan in late November/early December in 2001.

Jamie Meyers
Canton, CT