[CT Birds] the hummer bat & mistaken ID

Robert Jase busterggi at aol.com
Tue Nov 26 12:27:43 EST 2013

How could anyone mistake feathers for fur?

Well back in the '90's when West Nile virus was new and local health departments were collecting dead birds for testing I went on to pick one up.  After about 15 minutes one of the neighbors came up and asked me what I was doing.  I explained that I was there to pick up a dead crow and they directed me to a nearby trash can in which was a dead squirrel.  I explained that squirrels were not crows and the response I got was, " What's the difference?" So it is possible, there are people out there....

BTW - I wear a tee shirt & shorts outside year round so a light shirt doesn't seem unreasonable to me.  And yes, I get some weird looks when I'm shoveling snow.

Robert Jase
busterggi at aol.com