[CT Birds] Old Lyme Snowy Owl

Sailcarm sailcarm at aol.com
Tue Nov 26 17:37:20 EST 2013

Was fortunate to get very good looks with my scope from the Old Saybrook side of the Great Island/Old Lyme Snowy Owl at around 11 am today.  it was hunkered down on the western beach side of Great Island, and was continually being dive bombed by two Peregrines.  several of us went to observe it from the boat launch at the end of Smith Neck Road in Old Lyme, where we could see the dive bombing going on but could not see the owl, as spartina bared our view.

if anyone comes to look for it you might want to consider Dock and Dine or other shoreline spots in Old Saybrook as well as the Smith Neck boat launch.

Thanks Hank for finding this bird!   Along with the Peregrines there were two No. Harriers out and about.

Carolyn Cimino
Waterford

Sent from my iPad