[CT Birds] thanksgicing day

craig minor minor.craig at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 29 08:30:12 EST 2013

 I went to do some work on the farm thanksgiving day and saw another bird which was a first for me , since I am new this . It appeared to be a indigo bunting best I can tell , there was a pair of them , together . and on the subject of turkeys the turkey population in CT was decimated prior to the 1990's I believe they were reintroduced to the area with birds from neighboring states , so far they have been doing well some years better than others . and from what I have read it isn't a good idea to feed them grain because it introduces desease into the flock . no eagle today but I did see a nice broadwing hawk  soaring around screeching .( elington )