[CT Birds] snowy calling card?

lpflynn at optonline.net lpflynn at optonline.net
Sat Nov 30 14:47:11 EST 2013

I found a freshly killed, partially eaten Canada Goose at Calf Pasture Beach early this morning, it was in the shoreline grass behind the Coast Guard building, the tide was still coming in and the bird was floating in about six inches of water, so I did not retrieve it.
Chest feathers were scattered about and most of the breast meat of the goose was missing.
There were none of the normal (gulls, brant, geese, starlings...) birds anywhere near the area at this time. No footsteps in the sand other then my own, so I'm guessing a snowy had a feast late yesterday or before I arrived there this morning.

Larry Flynn
Norwalk