[CT Birds] Sherwood Island SP/NHBC Walk

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 30 20:22:01 EST 2013

Eigtheen participants joined me for a New Haven Bird Club walk at Sherwood Island State Park this morning. Sunny skies and light winds were helpful in keeping us warm even though the temperature was below normal. Most of the Mill Pond was covered with a thin coating of ice and most of the waterfowl was concentrated in one small area at the north end of the pond. We had to work hard to find 41 species in the park and it was a real team effort! Highlights were the excellent views of an adult male Merlin and an adult male Eastern Towhee.
Thanks to everyone for coming out on this holiday weekend!

Tina Green
Westport
Sent from my iPhone