[CT Birds] Mid-shore birds

Jamie Meyers ctredbird2 at comcast.net
Sun Dec 1 15:42:26 EST 2013

>From Jamie Meyers and Jay Kaplan:
12/1 -- Old Saybrook, Maynard's Pond - EURASIAN WIGEON continues.
Madison, Hammonasset Beach SP -- CLAY-COLORED SPARROW continues; also there was a late WHITE-RUMPED SANDPIPER in the company of Killdeer in the field near the Cedar Island trail entrance. A PURPLE SANDPIPER was on the jetty.

The sandpiper was found by two birders whose names I don't know. The Sound off Meig's Point was quiet but had a hen Surf Scoter and half a dozen Common Loons. There were a couple harriers and a Peregrine at foggy Great Island. There were two Marsh Wrens near the boat ramp there that were unusually easy to see, which was nice.

Oh yeah, we saw a pretty nice bird in Hadlyme too! That and the wigeon were county birds for me. Most pleasing.

Jamie Meyers
Canton, CT