[CT Birds] Hawk

Janis LaPointe sunbirdjan at cox.net
Sun Dec 1 16:28:26 EST 2013

As I returned home I spotted a large bird perched at the top of a dead tree trunk behind my garage.    It was huge.    I though it was a owl.   Through cold binocs from the trunk, it was a hawk.   It was so large, it couldn't have been a Red-tailed.    It was mostly dark, through foggy binocs, but has to go unidentified.    It took off and flew low.     A massive bird, slow wing flap.   Could not relocate.    Other in Enfield, near the Senior Center, keep alert.
Janis LaPointe
Enfield, CT