[CT Birds] Snowy Owl - Sandy Pt, West Haven

Jack Swatt jswattbirds at snet.net
Mon Nov 25 11:26:40 EST 2013

About 9:30 this morning I flushed a Snowy Owl while walking down the ocean side of Sandy Point.  The bird flew out over the Harbor in a SE direction.  If it relocated in CT, maybe in East Haven or points east.
I was suspicious of an owl when I looked up the beach and saw about 30 crows in one spot on the beach all pointing towards the grassy plover nesting area.  Tried to creep up on the area, but it flushed from the grasses about 25 yards in front of me.  Very white bird, possibly male
From Jack Swatt
11/25/13 -7:45 - 8:00 AM, New Haven, corner of Bradley and Lincoln.--  juvenile RED-HEADED WOODPECKER continues.
8:15 - 9:45 AM , West Haven, Sandy Point -- SNOWY OWL, FOX SPARROW
10:25-10:45 AM  - Durham, Greenbacher Pond  -- GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GOOSE continues
The pain of frostbite is dulled by a good morning of birding.
Jack Swatt