[CT Birds] Turkeys

Brenda Inskeep binskeep at optonline.net
Thu Nov 28 08:33:16 EST 2013

On the subject of Turkeys - there was an interesting program on PBS last night entitled, My Life as a Turkey.  It can be viewed online at http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes/my-life-as-a-turkey/full-episode/7378/  As a child growing up and living most of my adult life in Arizona, there were not many turkeys encountered like there are here and I remember being amazed seeing them roosting in a tree for the first time while at Cove Island Wildlife Sanctuary.  This 1-hour film offers a fascinating insight into the life of wild turkeys.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!