[CT Birds] Fork-tailed Pics

Joseph Cala Joejr14 at aol.com
Mon Dec 2 17:28:02 EST 2013

All-

A few pictures from this morning of the Fork-tailed Flycatcher.  I was
there at 7am and the bird finally made an appearance at 7:30ish with
some decent views before flying up to Gillette Castle where it hung out
for around an hour.

Once it came back around 9:30 it provided excellent point blank views
seemingly unconcerned with the dozen plus folks taking pictures and
looking at it.  Of course the lighting sucked in the morning, but
appears got a bit better later in the day.

I especially like the shot of it on the same branch on the ground as the
White-throated Sparrow...funny pairing.

http://josephcala.zenfolio.com/img/s10/v99/p678407463-4.jpg

http://josephcala.zenfolio.com/img/s5/v116/p497760918-4.jpg

http://josephcala.zenfolio.com/img/s2/v53/p52836878-4.jpg