[CT Birds] Fork-tailed Pics

Joseph Budrow jbudrow at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 2 22:12:22 EST 2013

Once again Joe...amazing pictures!

________________________________
 From: Joseph Cala <Joejr14 at aol.com>
To: ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
Sent: Monday, December 2, 2013 5:28 PM
Subject: [CT Birds] Fork-tailed Pics

All-

A few pictures from this morning of the Fork-tailed Flycatcher.  I was there at 7am and the bird finally made an appearance at 7:30ish with some decent views before flying up to Gillette Castle where it hung out for around an hour.

Once it came back around 9:30 it provided excellent point blank views seemingly unconcerned with the dozen plus folks taking pictures and looking at it.  Of course the lighting sucked in the morning, but appears got a bit better later in the day.

I especially like the shot of it on the same branch on the ground as the White-throated Sparrow...funny pairing.

http://josephcala.zenfolio.com/img/s10/v99/p678407463-4.jpg

http://josephcala.zenfolio.com/img/s5/v116/p497760918-4.jpg

http://josephcala.zenfolio.com/img/s2/v53/p52836878-4.jpg