[CT Birds] Possible Richardson's Goose

Jim Pfeifer Jim.Pfeifer at erm.com
Wed Dec 4 16:28:41 EST 2013

12/4/2014 - 3:40.  There are roughly 800 Canada Geese in several groups in the large corn field along the west side of Four Bridges Road in Somers.  I found one bird in a group of 200 birds close to the road that is roughly half the size of the others with very short legs and an extremely small stubby  beak - I'd say slightly larger than a Mallard.  It is one of the lesser sub-species, just not sure which.

Jim