[CT Birds] Somers Geese

Jim Pfeifer Jim.Pfeifer at erm.com
Thu Dec 5 12:54:36 EST 2013

12/5/2013 - 12:30

This morning I went back to hopefully get better looks at the Cackling Goose (sub-Sp?) I saw yesterday afternoon here in Somers on Four Bridges Road.  There are still around 500 geese at this location in three main groups, but I did not re-find the bird, and based on some additional research and  insight from Greg Hanisek, the bird I saw was likely a Richardson's, but not sure.  I did find a beautiful Barnacle Goose this morning mixed in with 300 or so Canadas in the cornfield southwest of the intersection of Four Bridges Road and Georgewood/Durkee Road.

Jim