[CT Birds] Snowy Owl Discussion

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Thu Dec 5 17:59:43 EST 2013

On Dec 5, 2013, at 5:45 PM, kmueller at ntplx.net wrote:

> someone suggested importing dead squirrels and rats from the South

So much for how humor is understood!

1)  Noting my friend's offer of *live* squirrels from TX was a joke.  (I know that it's easy to miss such things in contexts like this;  I probably ought to have made that explicit.)

2)  I meant live-trapping & releasing of local food.  Hence, the particular concerns noted wouldn't apply so much.

John ___'s comments were helpful.  If we know that it was extra lemming supply & excellent nest survival rates, then intervention seems uncalled for.  Do we know this for a fact?

Thanks for the newsy note.