[CT Birds] Snowy Owl habits

pfavreau at cox.net pfavreau at cox.net
Fri Dec 6 18:55:10 EST 2013

>From Patrice Favreau:
Since comments are flowing, I would offer as reference www.owlinstitute.org, the web site of the Owl Research Institute. Denver Holt & his team have researched Snowy Owls in Barrows, AK for over 20 years. The Snowy Owl description says "Unlike many other owls, Snowy owls are not nocturnal, and can be seen hunting any time of the day or night"  And the "Hunting Habits" Tab says "Mostly diurnal, but will hunt any time of day in the constant daylight of Arctic summer"
I've taken classes/workshops with Denver & thought I recalled this information, so just sharing it.