[CT Birds] Snowy Owl behavior

Sailcarm sailcarm at aol.com
Fri Dec 6 21:52:23 EST 2013

Some of the recent posts about  Snowy Owl behavior remind me of my life Snowy Owl which was up at Plum Island probably in 2006 when I was a new birder and I went with James Restivo and CT Audubon for a day trip and we saw two Snowy Owls, one of which was on the ground with his wing spread open over a dead duck which he was trying to shield  from a Peregrine Falcon who was nearby, also on the ground and coveting the owl's recent catch.  The dead duck was bigger than the owl.   Awesome sight for a new birder!  And no, at that stage of my birder life I could not identify the dead duck!

Carolyn Cimino
Waterford
Sent from my iPad