[CT Birds] Harkness King Eider still there at 3:30 pm

Sailcarm sailcarm at aol.com
Mon Dec 2 19:59:43 EST 2013

The Harkness "Queen" Eider was still there just out from the platform at 3:30 PM.  Along with Frank Mantlik and Richard Payne, I observed her swimming all by herself and enjoying many crabs.   Also in the area, several Common Eiders, 1 Long-tailed Duck, many Common Loons, and 1 RT Loon.   Also a flock of 7 Snow Buntings which landed right in front of us.

I think Frank may also have had some scoters while I was busy taking pics of the Buntings that were literally at my feet.

Carolyn Cimino

Sent from my iPad