[CT Birds] Hen Widgeons

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Tue Dec 3 09:37:40 EST 2013

When I saw the Eurasian Widgeon drake at Milford yesterday I  didn't pay
much attention to the hens because frankly, I had no idea what to  look for in
a F Eurasian. But this morning, by coincidence, I saw a pic online  of F
Eurasian and American W.  Apparently the hen's head is much more  brownish,
like the male.
Yesterday I did notice 2 very "brown"  females swimming  more or less
together, and I wonder if anyone has ID'd a hen Eurasian Widgeon  there. At the
time it struck me that the heads like the E W male.

Don  Morgan