[CT Birds] Snowy Owl Death/Condition Alert!

David F Provencher (Generation - 4) david.f.provencher at dom.com
Wed Dec 4 11:41:35 EST 2013

The Snowy Owl that was seen on Millstone Point last Wednesday has been found dead. We examined the bird and it was severely emaciated, it certainly appears to have succumbed to starvation or a malnutrition related illness. It is very likely that ALL Snowy Owls currently in southern New England are underfed and possibly critically so. There will undoubtedly be more birds that succumb, so it is imperative that we do everything we can to not add additional stress to these birds. Please make any all observations from a distance and please do NOT approach them.

Dave Provencher

in error, and delete it.  Thank you.