[CT Birds] Barnacle goose

Jamie Meyers ctredbird2 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 4 12:15:37 EST 2013

I made a run for this bird this morning but there were zero geese present at Fisher Meadow around 10 AM. I then ran the route down to and through the Farmington Meadows. There were maybe 500 geese total, all Canadas. West Hartford Reservoir 6 would be a logical roosting spot for this goose. Perhaps many of them were still there but I didn't go home that to check.

Even the larger bodies of water up here are beginning to freeze. I'm getting ... sleepy ... wake me up when spring comes!

Jamie Meyers
Canto, CT