[CT Birds] Snowy Owl food source

John Ogren northernrail at comcast.net
Wed Dec 4 18:51:06 EST 2013

Please stay away from stressed out Snowy's but some positive news on their ability to seek new or alternative food sources.
My nephew works at the automobile transload facilty at Davisville, R.I. They noticed a few decimated gulls in their parking lot 2 days ago,  and checked the security cameras. A Snowy had come in killed and eaten the gulls. They also brought a young female (different bird) with a broken wing to a rehab facility.
Hopefully most of them will make it. Did see the Flycatcher after work on Monday with a setting sun-great bird!!

John Ogren
Northern Rail Services, Inc
fax 860-339-5209